- Abstinence Makes the Church Grow Fondlers
- Honk If Your Religious Beliefs Make You An Asshole
- Too Stupid to Understand Science? Try Religion.
- Gods Don’t Kill People. People Who Believe in God Kill People.
- “Worship Me or I Will Torture You Forever. Have a Nice Day.” God.
- Praying is begging
- I Wouldn’t Trust Your God Even If He Did Exist
- The difference between a cult and a religion is the amount of real estate controlled.
- God Doesn’t Exist. So, I Guess That Means No One Loves You.
- “Intelligent Design” Helping Stupid People Feel Smart Since 1987
- Every Time You Play With Yourself, God Kills a Kitten
- If God Wanted People to Believe in Him, Then Why Did He Invent Logic?
- I Forget – Which Day Did God Make All The Fossils?
- JESUS SAVES….You From Thinking For Yourself
- How Can You Disbelieve Evolution If You Can’t Even Define It?
- Religion requires faith, science requires thinking.
- Religion: the original pyramid scheme.
- The Family That Prays Together is Brainwashing the Children
- Another Godless Atheist for Peace and World Harmony
- Jesus may love you but everyone else thinks you’re an asshole.
- Good does not require religion, but it is threatened by it.
- A fool is guided by religion; the wise question it, and politicians abuse it.
- Believers made God in their image: violent and irrational.
- Jesus, save me from your followers.
- Have You Threatened Your Children With Eternal Damnation Today?
- Philosophy is questions that may never be answered. Religion is answers that may never be questioned.
- A religious war is like children fighting over who has the strongest imaginary friend.
- Don’t want to go to hell? Become an atheist.
- Honk if you understand punctuated equilibrium
- Religion is for people who don’t understand science
- Stop Lying to Children, Break the Cycle of Religion
- Jesus has risen! Bake at 350 degrees 35 to 40 minutes.
- Jesus saves sinners and redeems them for valuable cash prizes
- Jesus SAVES! The rest of you, take half-damage.
- There’s a Sucker born every minute, but the real money is made from those Born Again.
- Jesus saves, Gretzky gets the rebound and SCORES!
- Jesus saves, by shopping wisely and using coupons.
- Don’t pray in my school, and I won’t think in your church.
- Q: Why did all the chicks dig Jesus? A: (Stand and spread arms wide) Because he was hung like THIS!!
- Atheism isn’t a religion. It’s a personal relationship with reality
- I want Jesus to come inside me
- Jesus is coming — look busy!
- It’s your god, they’re YOUR rules, YOU burn in “hell”!
- Darwin Athletic Club: Survival of the Fittest.
- Jesus Loves Me … But I Make Him Wear A Condom
- Atheists Do It Unsupervised
According to figures compiled by Credit Suisse, 123,000 New Zealanders can say they are part of the exclusive one percent, which owns 48 percent of the world’s wealth.
To be part of that group, a person needs just over $970,000 in assets once debts have been subtracted.
“People who are working class, who have two and three jobs and feel disrespected and feel that they are never going to get ahead, those people never talk out loud, because we know we are supposed to be properly ashamed of ourselves and we never talk about what it is to be constantly in servitude to other people in a capitalist economy.”
Try The Global Richlist – and make sure that you keep scrolling down…
Yes, there are two sides to the story. None of this is meant to be taken seriously, in the respect that any of these figures or statements are exactly right. It does, however, seem like an interesting place from which to start examing our own lives.
From The Left….
Comment 953905: The Left – we actually like people. That’s what I see as the main difference with the right. They like people like them, which is sort of like kissing a mirror.
…and from The Right
Comment 762163: It must be depressing being a leftie. No aspiration, glass always half empty, always the victim, poor me, it’s not fair….. You can pick someone who votes left as soon as they open their mouths
2) In large part due to my first point, schools are no longer about providing students with an education. They are about creating good corporate citizens. Think about your average salaried office employee. They have a college degree (though their job duties may not actually require advanced education); they complete a lot of tedious, repetitive tasks; they are expected to adhere to arbitrary rules regarding appearance, demeanor, etc.; they are expected to spend their day quietly sitting in a chair at specified times; and work outside these times is both expected and not compensated. Unquestioning obedience to superiors is a fundamental expectation. Meaningless or minor rewards are used to incentivize employee compliance- small raises, the occasional promotion, “employee of the month” or other public recognition.
Any resemblance to your average school day is not coincidental. Schools now are actively teaching students how to behave well while performing unexciting work, and to be obedient to the authorities who assign this work without questioning the purpose or value of the work. Grades- which have no real purpose and do not accurately measure student progress- are transformed into a gatekeeping device in order to incentivize compliance and learning
Unfortunately, our Hidden Contract allows what is seemingly a good day teaching to mask an authentic deficit in student understanding.